Remember that all paperwork including registration packet, birth certificate, updated immunizations and choice paperwork if needed, are turned into the office. Your child will not be placed on a class list until all of this is done.
Welcome Jennings Kindergarten Families:
Welcome to Jennings Elementary School and to your child’s kindergarten school year. If you are a returning JES parent we welcome you back and if you are a new parent welcome. We would like to make the transition to your child’s kindergarten year as smooth as possible; therefore, we have put together this web page with everything you might need to know in order to ensure your child is ready for their first day of kindergarten. If at any time you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me or call the school office beginning on August 26th.
Travis Howell, Principal
Important Dates to Know:
- August 26th (8:30 – 12:30pm) – Registration for any new kindergarten families that did not attend Kindergarten round-up in the spring. Please be sure to bring birth certificates and immunization records.
- August 27th (8am-2pm and 3pm-7pm) – Back to School Registration day for all returning students and kindergarten students that attended kindergarten round-up and/or has already registered for school. During this day you can pay for yearbooks, put money on lunch accounts, get individual school pictures taken, and sign-up with PTO to be a room parent to help with class parties plus pay your $7 to help fund PTO class parties. This is also a time that you can sign your child up for soccer, purchase tickets to the fair, and receive info on other potential student activities. Also, Kindergarten families will sign up for their Family Connection Meetings with their child’s teacher.
- September 3rd at 5:30-6:30pm is our annual back to school night. Please join us for this night where your child can bring their school supplies, get to see their classrooms, meet their teachers, and have any questions answered.
- September 9-11 – Family Connection meetings. Students and parents will meet with their child’s teacher for a 30 minute connection time. You will sign up for your Family Connection meeting during registration.
- September 12 – This will be the first day of school for our kindergarten students.
Other important upcoming dates to be aware of:
- October – We will be doing our annual pumpkin patch day at Schmuck park. Specific dates and more info will be sent home as we get closer to this date.
- November – We will have parent teacher conferences for parents only. You will be scheduled a 20 minute timeslot to meet with your child’s teacher on one of the following dates: November 19th – November 21st. We will have a 12:30 dismissal on each of these days. More info will come home as we get closer.
- December – We will host our annual Grandparents Day in December. More info and specific dates to come later.
- June – We will have our field trip, field day, and class picnics. More info and specific times and dates to come.
First Day of School and School Hours:
- The first day of school for kindergarten students is Thursday, September 12, 2019.
- Our regular school hours are as follows:
- Breakfast begins at 8am with the first bell/class starts at 8:20am.
- Lunch is at 11am
- School is dismissed at 3:15pm every day except Wednesdays where we dismiss at 2:25pm.
Family Connections - What is this?
- Family Connections are a time where each kindergarten student and parent gets to meet with their child’s teacher individually. This is a time to familiarize you and your child with the kindergarten classroom, class routines and procedures, to learn more about your child, answer any questions you may have, and anything else that will help your child transition into kindergarten smoothly.
- These meetings will be scheduled during our registration day on August 27th.
- Family Connections meetings will be scheduled for a 30 minute time slot on either September 9th, 10th, or 11th. You will meet your child’s teacher in their classroom.